Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mini Quiche.... My Way...


This is an easy mix-it-up-one-bowl and cook Quiche recipe.  Just made it for my snacks tonight... Yeap, my snacks while revising for my exam...
(To my classmates.... I wish you were at my 'crib' to enjoy this...jangan marah..... lol)
 

If you are a vegetarian, you may substitute with chopped spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus if you wish.  Almost anything can be added to make this dish conform to your tastes, or it can be left plain for those with simple tastes. That rule does not  apply to my household..!
 
Before



all plate up...!

My Ingredients:

Slices of White Bread - (wholemeal, or any bread you desire)
6 eggs
1 cup fresh milk
2 cups minced meat (or any chopped seafood or chicken)
1 cup Broccoli - chopped
1/2 cup large Onions - diced
1 clove Garlic - chopped
1 Red chilly - chopped coarsely
1 tbspn - Olive Oil
Spring onion (Scallion)  - finely cut
salt & pepper to taste
Cheddar cheese - shredded
Permesan cheese - optional


My Method:

Preheat oven to 200 deg F.

1. Trim edges of the bread (if you want) - or you can leave it as it is (why waste!) - flatten the bread thinly with a rolling pin and fit them in a muffin tray.
2.  In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg + milk, add a pinch of salt - set aside
3.  Fry minced in olive oil, add onion, garlic and red chilly. Add salt & pepper to taste. 
4.  Once meat is cooked, spoon into the 'bread pastry', sprinkle with chopped scallion/spring onions and cheddar cheese.
5.  Bake for 20 mins on until eggs are set and top is golden brown.  And its ready...how simple is that..!

Enjoy...!


No comments: